Burnt Rancheria Campground is located in the Laguna Mountain Recreation area just, 50 miles east of San Diego. It features several loops of campsites and is the perfect location for your glamping retreat. The site is at an elevation of 6,000 ft. & features and abundance of pines and oak trees. The surrounding open oak grove & spectacular desert views makes it a very unique destination and ideal for our Tentsiles. The site is very well maintained & restrooms are available in the vicinity.
The site provides easy access to a segment of the Pacific Crest Trail, a 2,650-mile national scenic trail that runs from Mexico to Canada. Hiking and horseback riding are allowed on the trail.
Visitors can enjoy hiking, bird-watching, star-gazing and hiking in a dense forest ambience. The contrasting landscapes between lush pine forests and the Anza-Borrego desert is a site to behold. A short hike to the nearby Desert View Picnic Site is a panoramic view of the desert 6,000 feet below. On most days, the Salton Sea is clearly visible to the southeast.
This is what's included as part of your glamping retreat:
- We reserve & prepare your site, which has been handpicked for the best glamping experience possible. Flush bathrooms/shower
- Rate includes all federal park fees & parking fees (maximum 2 vehicles) $10 per extra vehicle payable to RRM
- We set-up your Tentsiles tree tent that includes V-tech sleeping pad, sleeping bag & pillows
- 5-gallon drinking water dispenser that we re-fill as needed
- Hanging compartments & bins to keep things organized including all your kitchen utensils
- First Aid Kit
- Ambient lighting around your Tentsile, as well as a spotlight if needed at night
- Carpet & lounge chairs under your Tentsile, as well as seats around the campfire.
- Outdoor kitchen to cook & serve your group - table, stove-top, pots/pans, kettle, spices & kitchen utensils. Just bring your food.
It is your responsibility to know & abide by all the laws and regulations of the state parks and national forests at all times during your trip. You'll receive a briefing as soon as you arrive and we'll cover the park rules & regulations, as well as safety and proper equipment use.